Benoit Paire; photo: Instagram
French tennis star Benoit Paire went off after testing positive for Covid for the ‘250th time.’
Paire’s most recent positive Covid test threatens to derail his Australian Open since he is now being forced to quarantine in an unknown location.
“Hey my name is Benoit Paire, and for the 250th time I tested positive for Covid!!” the tennis star said in an Instagram story on Wednesday (screenshot below).
“Honestly I can’t deal with this Covid sh*t anymore. How am I doing? Because of Covid I got a runny nose, but because of all these quarantines spent in a hotel room halfway across the world, I don’t feel good mentally,” he said. “Last year was tough, and this year starts exactly the same way!!”
TRENDING: PART 3: WE CAUGHT THEM: Deep State Operative Don Berlin Presented Bogus Election Dossier to President Trump Before 1-6, Now Jan 6 Committee is Using This to Claim Insurrection and Take Down President Trump
The 32-year-old tennis player is vaccinated and said he is “100 per cent” in favor of vaccines.
“Just one thing, I’m 100% for the vaccine, but let’s just live as before Covid, otherwise I don’t see the point,” he added.
The Australian Open gets underway on January 22, leaving Paire a few weeks to test negative and assess if he is fit to play in the tournament.
His latest positive test continues a run of bad luck for the flamboyant player, who has made it to the fourth round at grand slams on several occasions.
Paire was ruled out of the 2020 US Open after testing positive to Covid just days before his first match.
Then earlier this year, he was forced to endure 14 days of hard quarantine before the Australian Open after a person on his flight to Melbourne tested positive to Covid.
Paire then lost in the first round and launched a stunning attack on the Australian Open, calling the tournament “s**t” and attacking organisers for not treating the players with respect.